Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dreamy

i can't stop crying. its like the emotions of a lifetime of pent up sentimentalism burst anew with each subsequent thought. last night she came to me in one of the most vivid dreams i've ever had. we were completely alone. there was no doctor, no midwife or doula, no family or even hugh. it was me, alone - quietly and peacefully opening my body to let her into the world. she arrived wide-eyed and with a full head of chesnut hair. she stared straight at me and knew me right away. the name we'd chosen didn't fit. i knew what to do and wasn't scared. i raised her to my left breast and she started suckling. then i walked naked through a city of crowds unashamed and unnoticed. it was just the two of us and everything was beautiful and right. i woke up and cried reliving the dream. in yoga class during the visualization/relaxation at the end all i could think about was her and my dream. the rainfall on my cheeks persists.

1 comment:

Sharon Haywood, Writer said...

Beautiful and moving.

Sharon