Saturday, January 26, 2008

Marketing my Namaste



This week marked the official launched of "Yogarina" my new yoga business. Yes, I've been teaching now since early December but did not have anything tangible to say - yes, I'm a yogarina. Now I do. Soon to be brother-in-law uber talent Rey designed my logo, and accompanying business cards and a flyer. It was fun to work on together and reminded me of the year I spent at a former dot com rebranding and ultimately renaming the company. Rey did all of the illustrations with help from a yoga book I left behind in Sf and my sister doing a few live demos in the living room. The colors I knew from the beginning. In high school my favorite color was navy blue - kind of mature for a teenager I guess but I was obsessed. Navy and white polkadotted dress, navy tees, navy pinstriped pants, dark navy jeans - whatever I could get my hands on. I've always been very inspired by color. The past several months I've been seeing turquoise and dark pink. Anything of those two colors - either separate or together I just have to have it. Pictures in a magazine, little dolls, lipsticks, anything. So, I told Reybone (his nickname) to design around these colors. In his first round, he informed me that I had in fact chosen the Vagisil color palette! hahahahaha well, what can I say? The Vagisil team obviously did their focus group research and chose well. So far, my students and others love my new logo and marketing materials.

No comments: