Sunday, January 27, 2008

Estancia-ing it








Friends Brad and Laura have been hosting their good friends Amy and Sanjay from NYC this week and invited us to accompany them to an estancia for the night. Amy and Sanjay love BA so much they make a yearly pilgramage - this is their fourth trip in as many years. We spent a lot of time by the pool. Utta got her first ever dip in the pool. She was mostly terrified but it helped cool her off. She also chased roosters and nearly gobbled a cow pie but Hugh fished it out before it made it all the way down her throat. On the one hour drive from BA I received my first "business" related calls on our cell phone. (i put our cell # on my new Yogarina cards) The first from an Argentine woman who lives around the corner from the studio I teach at on Fridays with some questions about the style of yoga and what she should wear. The second from a pregnant woman who lives about 40 minutes outside of BA. She wants me to come to her house for a private session on Tuesday. She'll pay my hourly rate, my travel expenses and any other extra amount I want to tack on for the trouble of leaving the city. Both new students speak only Spanish so looks like I am officially a bi-lingual yoga teacher now. My Friday class was a text book challenge. One of my students didn't speak english and was a real beginner to yoga. The other student doesn't speak spanish and is quite advanced and more flexible than me (i think she trained in ballet at some point). Designing a class to suit the needs of everyone is part of the challenge and satisfying when it works.

No comments: