Wednesday, June 6, 2007

a vacation from my argentine dream

tomorrow i leave for Rio Caliente www.riocaliente.com - a somewhat crunchy hot springs retreat/spa in the mountains 45 minutes from Guadaljara Mexico. it will be a short 16 hour day of travel from BA to santiago, Chile, to Mexico City to Guadalajar. If you live in SF, you can take a direct 3.5 hour flight from SFO to Guadalajara which is one reason I've been to this spa every year for the past six. My good friend is working there on a 6 month marketing assignment and my sister is going to be there for 5 days of much needed rest and relaxation. We will have a pajama party in my friend's casita, take hikes in the morning, eat tasty, healthy vegetarian fare (read - much needed detox) and float in the thermal baths. much as i hate to admit it, this new life in argentina comes with more than a few stressors so some time away will no doubt do me a world of good. i miss my sissie terribly and hope to make up for lost time on my familial right to impose unreasonable views of her upcoming wedding plans. ha! that said, my spanish maestro gave me a LOT aka crapload of homework so i hope to practice my spanish with all of the staff of Rio Caliente as well. in my mind, this is a "working" vacation. Mexican spanish is quite different than the castilian spanish spoken here so will be interesting to see how well i'm understood if at all. I now fancy myself more Penelope Cruz than Selma Hayak.

No comments: