Friday, March 27, 2009

Drying up

Levadura de Cerveza (Brewer's Yeast)
Dark beer
Mate cocido
Mother's Milk tea
Lots of water
Less stress
More sleep
Reliveran drops
Pumping more
Nursing more
Eating well
Eating more than usual
No strenuous exercise
Skin to skin contact with baby

I've tried it all. More, less, this way, that. Everyone I meet has a cure or a new idea. Five months of disappointment, of struggle, of wishing and wanting it to be different. She got some breastmilk but in the end my jugs are more Kate Moss than Marilyn Monroe. Still she's a healthy, good-natured giggly girl. And as a new mom I'm finding there are plenty of other things to feel guilty about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds so much like my history with Collin. It made me a wreck. Hugh wasn't easy either.

Laura said...

I'm sorry you've been going through this, Amber. I too had difficulty breast feeding and tried all the above and ulitmately went to formula. There will always be plenty of things to feel guilty about. Try your best to pick only the really "good" one's to dwell on. :-) Again, so sorry you are dealing with this. I found there were many things I wanted to go a particular way that just didn't end up going that way. Take care and try to be easy on yourself.