Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Why I Write

I write to transform nebulous thoughts into concrete ideas

I write to relieve my mind of a constant chatter

I write to think, feel and be someone who doesn't get to be seen very often

I write to create a picture of my life and who I am becoming in BA to friends and family in the US

I write to play with words in more than one language

I write to be funny, sarcastic and flip

I write to know myself better - to see what comes out

I write to absolve myself of guilt for thoughts and actions I'm not proud of

I write to bring something new and undiscovered to my day

I write because it pleases others to read my writing

I write because I love to read and words and stories are inside of me

I write to be in the moment

I write to leave my reality and imagine another

No comments: