Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Playing with words

Yes, Its come to my attention that the blog posts have pittered off a bit since I started the writing class. I'm writing a lot now but the vast majority is not ready for prime time - actually barely worthy of my reading it for the second time much less showing someone else or the universe of blogdom. But my prof says the most important thing at this point is quantity not quality. that quality will reveal itself over time if I continue to generate. so generate i do. some days a poem, lots of free writes (random thoughts without structure), lists and an occasional story. this weekend i worked on a short story based on a white lie I gave to a character that did something differently with the situation than I did or would have done. A few weeks ago, my writers group shared lists of delicious sounding words. some of mine are:

maravilloso (that's spanish for marvelous)
bulldogger
wisteria
poof
twirl
whisper
chocolate
raspberry
fastidious
giggle
butterfly
fragile
expeditious
languid
trombone
slumber
gigantic
puzzle
shadowy
jabber
squeamish
lyrical

these words and others coming soon to a written something....

No comments: