Wednesday, August 8, 2007

expression of the month

ok - am learning new and useful spanish expressions all the time - "tengo que ir" aka "gotta go" - the always useful..."me iritas" aka "you irritate me" and the unfortunately necessary...."se me ve gorda" aka "this makes me look fat". My most recent favorite I learned from Martin my running coach and he assures me its used all the time so I'm going to try it out tomorrow on the doorman or an unsuspecting neighbor. The expression is "Peor es casarse" which means "what's even worse than that is being married!" hahahahahahahah i can already imagine how easily this can be inserted into conversations....inflation is terrible isn't it? si, pero "peor es casarse!" you got robbed yesterday, too bad. yeah well, "peor es casarse". Its so optimistic in a kind of back handed insulty way. yep, my favorite.

No comments: