Saturday, April 11, 2009

Everyone an Einstein




Every parent I know imagines their child some sort of Einstein. "did you see how he picks up a spoon all my himself?" "look, she touches the guitar like she can play a cord!", "he's already got a six-pack, will be a stud when he grows up for sure". The truth is most babies are average and below. Hugh and I always said we'd never pretend our child (if we ever had one) was some kind of genius or super talent. That we'd love to hear one of our friends say "you know what, my kid's pretty average - nothing special". So now we have the chance and I caught Hugh on more than one occasion exclaim "look, dude I can make her laugh when I make this face!" as if we figured out how to land on the moon. Her micro developments are a daily delight but is she the next Mozart, Einstein, Picasso....probably not. She's exploring the world with her mouth, one lick at a time, laughing a lot, and being a normal baby. For me, that's more than enough.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't get over how precious she is. What a face!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

She will certainly build up great immunities from licking merry-go-round poles and eating dirt! Keep up the great work - some other friends have a kid who's allergic to everything because they never let him touch anything when he was a baby...so sad.